Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yahoo!!

I am halfway house to having obtained Nirvana... have passed the Parking & Theory test for my driving licensce!

Now before I took the test, I was under the distinct impression that one would have to be really incompetent  to even consider either of these a challenge - ah, but that was till I watched the people before me go through the test! I have never seen anyone wrestle with and defly manage to park the car practically on the pavement and struggle to keep it on the road.

The poor soul was obviously nervous and frazzled and having the car's bum up in the air, while she stared down the bonnet must have added to her despair!

So it was with trepidation that I approached the car, maybe it wasn't as easy as I had thought in all those practice lessons! Mercifully, my brain didn't do a freeze on me, I executed a reasonably neat park, but to my chargin, the entire effort appeared wasted! The instructor barely glanced at me, as she caught up with a colleague. Not willing to let all that practice go in vain, I generously offered to do it again, but it appears I had underestimated her. She had indeed seen my wonderful parking, and had deemed me succesful!

Now for the assesment test tomorrow! This has just ensured that I will have a seepless night tonight! And I can now sympathise and comprehend how it might be possible to park a car up a pavement out of sheer nerves! Hopefully I will not fall apart tomorrow!

If I fail EDI's internal assessment, I have to do 8 additional classes before I take the final road test with RTA! Have to warn R that he needs to loosen the purse strings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment