Sunday, October 9, 2011

Custom Made

One of the problems of being a "plus size" (a rather polite way of simply stating that I am large, ouch) is finding clothes.. either you don't find them, or when you do, they are not the design you want them to be, or they dont fit exactly the way you want to!  Of course, I will never admit it, but the lack of fitting has nothing to do with the cut of the poor outfit, all to do with my figure or rather the lack of it, but a girl can always find solace in small things!

While I have managed to get some stuff from Evans and Punt Roma, have been hunting for places to get fabric and find a tailor who will be able to stitch stuff which I think complements my figure (if anything could) or at least does not make me look rounder than I already am! Plus there is a different pleasure in the whole process of finding the right fabric, choosing the design, explaining the details to a tailor, and, finally holding your creation in your hand!

After much googling, and, talking to friends and acquaintances, have finally figured that the place to find good tailors is essentially Satwa. Have listed 4 tailors, now to go down to Satwa and figure which is the best!

1. Ishwar Dhabi at Coventry Tailoring
2. Deepa's at Satwa
3. Dream Girls at Satwa
4. Kachins at Bur Dubai

No comments:

Post a Comment