Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Final road test

"You know you are beginning to look like you suffer from an acute case of OCD" my husband grinned as I picked at my food at the dinner table, " stop obsessing about your test!".

Now I am not what you call shy at the table but its this final road test for my license that's looming up tomorrow that seems to have taken away my appetite. I now fully, and, completely appreciate why someone could park the car on the pavement in a road test. I stand, duly chastised, for that one indulgence of amusement that I afforded myself at someone else's expense!

While R thinks its OK to flunk it, I can have another go, its somehow important that I get it in the first go. Maybe not having work targets anymore, I have subconsciously adopted this is my next assignment :-)

Of course, it doesn't help that both he and my son look at cars on the net, discuss buying something, and then sigh in mock despair "of course we could if only you would..."

Stop! that's putting a lot of pressure on me,folks! I feel like I am back at the bank, attending Monday morning huddles, while a raspy voice over the conference call, enquires if I think I will end the year achieving my revenue targets or not! A perfectly good coffee ruined by that conference call, grump!

And a perfectly good dinner wasted by the road test!

No comments:

Post a Comment