Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No tailgating please, I'm new!


I am beginning to believe that lots of people in Dubai are either in a tearing hurry to get somewhere or tend to procrastinate leaving home, and hence, have to rush to get to their destination on time, lol. Nothing else offers an explanation for the lack of patience on the roads :-)

Of course, I am completely guilty of adding to their impatience being a new driver, who is clueless about the roads and directions :-((

The signage on the road is fabulous and I can, by and large, find my way, but it fazes me completely, when suddenly from the left most lane, I am expected to switch to the right most lane to get somewhere! It will take some time before I figure which lane to keep to facilitate easy change - I completely understand, it must be an irritant on the road, but I am sure everyone is new to the roads at some point in time, lol!

To cut a long story short, I have decided to print out a huge sign and put it up on my rear window or the rear boot door that explicitly states" I am a new driver, some patience please"!!

Or better still, UAE RTA should add one more process to their procedure for getting a license (unless of course you're privileged to get a conversion straight away), and, insist that each new license holder have a different colour number plate, which can be changed to a regular number plate after a pre-agreed timeframe, lol!

Maybe, just maybe then, no one will tailgate me, or honk me, or speed up every time I hesitate as I try and change lanes, sigh!

P.S. My wonderful notice, all printed and ready, has suffered an early demise. It appears that anything that has not adorned the car when it left the manufacturer, needs the RTA approval. After having done rounds of government offices for my mom-in-law's residency visa, I dont think I want to deal with another government office, well not as yet!   

No comments:

Post a Comment