Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween pumpkins

My son had come home a couple of weeks ago asking for money to be given at school for purchasing pumpkins and some candy thingamijig.. Most of his friends were buying two, so he wanted to buy two as well.

I automatically assumed that he meant plastic pumpkins filled with candies - two seemed an overkill but since I had been saying "NO" to a lot of things recently, I figured, I could go easy on this one. So off he was packed with money for 2 pumpkins and "guessing the candy" tickets.

Needless to say I was really surprised when I saw a school notice asking parents to come and collect pumpkins from school cos the kids were not going to be allowed to carry them home in the bus. Imagine my horror, when I get to school and am handed these two GIGANTIC pumpkins to take home!


"What am I supposed to do with these?" I ask, completely fazed by the weight and the size of the pumpkins, not to mention feeling rather foolish at having assumed that I had paid for candy filled pumpkins.

"Whatever you please, lady. In fact you can take some more if you please. Help me get rid of these." came the quick reply. Must make a mental note to read his notice very very carefully, lol!

Instead I am saddled with two large pumpkins which are difficult to carry and which, I suspect, are going to feed us for the next 3-4 months! Of course, my dear son went off for a Halloween party and trick or treating, completly oblivious to the two pumpkins that now occupy a big portion of my kitchen counter!

 Hmmm...wonder if any of the trick or treater would like a pumpkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment