Sunday, June 26, 2011

House Hunting

Started house hunt. Maybe we should have moved in some other month – the heat is oppressive and the overhead sun just compounds my problems. I end each day with a terrific headache but it’s all forgotten courtesy the terrific choices available! Though on the flip side, for someone like me, the plethora of choices actually adds to my headaches, lol! I like almost everything that I’ve seen so far, but how many houses can the three of us live in J?

Am very tempted by the villa communities that seem to abound in Dubai. The one thing that strikes me while we drive through so many of these, is the immense amount of greenery and landscaping that is an integral part of these communities, be it Meadows, Arabian Ranches,  or Motor City! I have to actually remind myself that this is, at the end of the day, a dessert! And what they’ve done with the dessert is really spectacular albeit a tad frightening! You’ve essentially altered nature, and there is an old Red Indian saying (I think, not sure of the origins) that nature claims its own! But till then, the communities are definitely admirable and very, very tempting!

Am beginning to get some idea of why Eve bit the apple!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment