Friday, July 1, 2011

Food for thought

After having seen so many houses / villas, one thing completely baffles me. Dubai is a dessert, where sea water, at great expense, is run through desalination plants and then pumped into homes.

Understandably, your DEWA bills for water are high especially if you happen to live in a villa. In that context, I am completely flummoxed so to why all bathrooms, ensuite or otherwise, are fitted with bathtubs instead of shower cubicles. A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation will tell you that a soak and then a bath in a bathtub consumes more water than a quick shower, so am left wondering why this preference for bathtubs? Have seen this not only in villas, but in most apartments as well. I wonder why?

 P.S. My bigger concern is my mom-in-law having to get in the bathtubs with her knee problem. Wonder if I can find ladders with 2-3 steps somewhere to make it easier for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment